Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Illustration Friday: "Karma"

Illustration Friday is a nice little oasis in the week where hundreds of illustrators gather to post their interpretations of weekly topics. I've meant to participate for quite a while now, but up until recently, I haven't been able to do so. Hopefully, with any luck, I can participate in them with some reasonable regularity. Last weeks topic was "Karma", and while I sat to muddle over what I might do for an image, my foot was painfully punished with what felt like a thousand pinpricks. I looked down and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature kitten and several blood smears. In knee-jerk reaction, I quickly thrust my foot up, much to the excitement and delight of my litle hellspawn. What makes kittens attack anything that even shows a slight semblance of movement anyway? Eh, needless to say, he became part of the thought process behind this image...



Once was a creature so dire
That brain was fuel'd with a fire
To chase feet or strings,
Any creature who sings,
Postmen, or maids who they'd hire

Twas really a troublesome spot
To fall to his terrible plot
A pounce from out nowhere
"Yeow!!", and your legs bare,
Full scratches, with cotton to blot

The people were really a mess
Clothes torn, they sat 'round depressed
Looked up to the sky
And all pondered "why?"
"Please, can't his temper get rest?"

Then all of the sudden, one day
Became he, a victim, his prey
Cuz something sat playing
His butt, ripe for slaying
"Would he?" Quite surely he may!

A quick turn, skilled leap, and a grab
That tail, quite quickly he'd nab
His jaws opened wide
And clenched his own hide
Snipping the end and some flab

The moral is this here, my friend
Clothing's far better to mend
Have manners, be clean
The op'sit of mean
Cuz karma will bite you in end


(Edit:) I must have had Steve Mack on the brain when I'd originally posted this, cuz I'd not only put the link forhis website where the IF link should have been, but I'd also wrote Illustration Farm instead of Friday also...


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see more of your work finally. Yah bum! :D

3:20 PM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

:D Yeah, I've been pretty bad about getting myself around on the internet lately, maybe I'm turning into an old fart? Hopefully with any luck having this blog will help with that matter. Thanks for looking!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counters