Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I've Lost My Remote...

...Not that I've ever had control of it for more than 5minutes anyway. I find whenever I do have control of the remote, either I'm the only one home or someone else grabs it the second I look away.
This seems to be the most prevalent during the entire period of baseball season, or at least from opening day till the Sox found some way to screw it up (I know I know, they won it all last year, somehow it still doesn't seem possible) Ah the joys of having Sox fans in the house.
I must admit, I've never really been all that big a fan of the game. I dunno, something about seeing 9 innings of balls being thrown from pitcher to catcher just doesn't keep me engaged enough for my awake senses to stay functioning. Lately I've been tolerating it more (mostly cuz I don't have a choice), but I'm still finding it hard to sit through the entire game.
So I decided instead of just sitting there, I'd at least make an attempt at squeezing a pencil long enough to make some interpretations of the whole thing. If I get the time, theres a couple of them I might like to work out a little more, backgrounds and whatnot. Ah, there's still a couple months left to the season...


Slide into first
And hear the crowd burst
Delight from the all loyal fans
With swings of the bat
Worn gloves, or a cap
Tis that time of year once again

Play Ball!

5 Comments:

Blogger Drazen said...

HaHA
Hey Fulton you make baseball almost interesting to me!. The drawings sure are tho. Love the last one
tho I think they're all cool. I had a blissful year of a hockey strike, about to be ended in a couple of
months, My wife is a bannannas for hockey tho I might try this doodlin while watching. Unfortuntely
the worst drawing I've done in years was for a job where I had ot draw a hockey player...Nice stuff.

12:29 AM  
Blogger the ginger bungalo said...

oh my little katty....you are so amazing :) so talented...i love it!! the poems rock too...can you please haul out that pic you drew inspired by me, sign it and mail it to me?!? lol...
kristy aka tippy

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Fulton! Great to be able to check out your work finally. And I like the blog banner in your signature...and up top.

-Rajesh (emceeONE)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

Drazen Its funny, maybe cuz I live in Maine (a state often mistaken for being part of Canada), but I don't mind watching hockey every now and then, although the few times I do get a chance to watch it, I'm the only one in the house who does, and with the previously mentioned control of the remote thing... well, you get the idea. I'm not sure how I feel about the strike just yet, it might turn out to be a good thing, time will tell. I just get tired of seeing organized sports being all about that crazy stuff I often here talked about but seldom see, money.

Kristy Thanks for checkin out the blog! :) I'd send ya that pic, but I'm afraid I've lost it somewhere around here, so by the time I find it, it may not be in any condition to actually send. Howeaver, if I find the time, I could always do another one...

Raj Heh, I have a bad habit of not getting my stuff out and about as much as I should. I blame it on being a lazy half-wit. (Okay, okay, I should be honest, I'm only a quarter-wit ;P ) Hopefully this blog will get me posting stuff more and whatnot. Glad you like the banners, and the other crap too.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fulton!! I used to sit next to you in art class at WA! Don't subscribe to classmates.com just because I sent a letter there. TOOO expensive! PLZ write! amaikiwi@hotmail.com

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counters