Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Illustration Friday: "Empty"

I'd tried to do an IF image for last week's aging topic, but unfortunately the image I've got in mind is ending up being more time consuming than I'd previously thought. So I decided I'd place it on the backburner for the time being and work on one for this weeks topic, 'Empty'. After running around between work and the fam and trying to squeeze a few moments in to pray to the gods of black goo and graphite, I find my noggin to be feeling pretty well empty. Sometimes I wish I could just switch out the ole grey matter to rest while I do the less fun things only to replace it at a later, more enjoyable time. Anyone else ever feel that way?

Rufus Elgrombie was a weary ole Zombie
With tummy all bloated and sore
For he was in mood
To fill with some food
That hole while it hungered for more

He sat down and thought
"People? Theres nary alot.
Too wary of us here you see
But all with good reason
In undeadly season
Innards are hardly for free"

"I wonder, why pain?
When I have me a brain
Up in this skull painted blue
I'll open it up wide
To chomp the pink inside
And find myself empty in 2"

The meaning is this
Tis far better to miss
The fill in one or the other
For while hunger's no fun
Its far better than dumb
Least thats the word from my mother


(edit: It was brought to my attention that the prior image could do without the 'empty' wrote in it, so I tweaked it a little and posted it below. If you feel so inclined, feel free to tell me which one you prefer)



8 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

awesome awesome AWESOME!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT!

5:38 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

woah great words! and with a perfect illo to go with that too!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

carolyn, anonymous, atomicvelvetsigh, stosova, thanks all for you comments :)

4:06 AM  
Blogger Drazen said...

great piece cheezy!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

drazen, thanks for stopping by, and many thanks for the link on your blog
Cheers!

mercedes, glad you like. Hopefully I can manage to get other IF's done before Fridays roll around

10:52 AM  
Blogger paige said...

Nice! I like the second version too. Great drawing and excellent prose!
I'm so glad you started a blog and you're posting your writings and drawings! I'm looking forward to seeing lots more.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

siluetkucing Thanks for stopping by, glad you like my little spot on the world

paige Thanks so much. I'll try to post more, so long as I can keep myself on the healthier/safer side of things

I think its a lock on the second version :)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counters