Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Illustration Friday: Dance


I think I was born with two brick feet. For some reason, no matter how much focus I put into it, no matter how many dance steps I look at, no matter what, I seem to lack the ability to dance, or at least to dance without pummeling someone else's feet into two mangled sets of pancakes. That being said, I still act like a give it a shot and act like a goofball every now and then. Its never anything grand, but eh, at least it gets a chuckle out of almost everyone watching (so long as they're not in the path of my atomic shoe smashers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

The secret is simply not giving a hoot if anyone sees you (or laughs)

3:13 PM  
Blogger lil kim said...

he! great illo - i love the pose.

8:32 PM  
Blogger CRISTOSOVA said...

The secret is to just get lost in the music! No attention to steps or feet (well, perhaps other people´s feet, yes), just the rythm is it. That fellow here looks like he´s got the beat. Energetic, I say...

3:28 AM  
Blogger Luisa said...

:) very funny! great style

5:17 AM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

tony - Oh, don't worry, I could care less if anyone sees me prancing around like a wet feline approaching water, and generally I've always enjoyed other's laughter anyway. I think what it more is for me is that I'd like to dance, well, not great, but at least reasonably well. Eh, its not really a big deal anyway methinks *shrug* Thanks for the comment!

lil kim - Thanks! I love coming up with fitting poses for characters, for me I think its one of the most enjoyable parts of the whole process.

cristosova - Yeah, I think thats mostly it, I lack rhythm, or moreso have a hard time picking it up. Eh, at least if I can't dance I can draw folks who do :D

lu - Glad you like, thanks for looking :)

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counters