Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Illustration Friday: "Rain"


Hugo and Duck
Had views of their luck
Ranging from two sides of other
For though one is sad
The other, quite glad
Such is the view of another

There he stood with a frown
For soaked, he was feeling quite down
The rain made him wet
This wasn't his pet
Prancing about like a clown

"By golly," he thought, "Oh what glee
To have this small pond just for me
Made by this fellow
Who's all dressed in yellow
And best part of all, it is free!"

Much like the weather our day
To shift all about and to sway
And though it looks grim
Tis merely one's whim
To make it whatever you may

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That duck is fantastic and what can I say about the way you turn a phrase that hasn't already been said.

3:26 AM  
Blogger JO said...

Very funny, nice illo.

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice illo.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Franfou said...

very fun, I like the water into the umbrella !

5:13 AM  
Blogger arvindh said...

hs ha that is funny! my umbrella does that to me all the time!

5:53 AM  
Blogger lil kim said...

very good, made me smile :-)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Christine Lim said...

Simply fabulous! Just want to give him a hug! You have a charming style. :)

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww! This is adorable...I love it! Very nice illo. =)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

kute, jo, diane, pccoco, amy - Thank you all for the kind comments :)
wignke - Hehe, ducks are always a blast, I think I'm quite drawn to him myself. Always glad you liked the prose :D Thanks!
franfou, arvindh - I used to have an umbrella, but I don't carry one anymore for that very reason. Well, not the duck prancing in pond reason, but the whole upside down... ah you get the idea ;) Thanks for looking
lil kim - Always glad to leave a smile or chuckle with someone. Thanks
christine - Toss in some breadcrumbs and you'd have yourself one happy duck. Thanks for looking :)

10:58 PM  
Blogger Queen Tut said...

Great illo, I like your line style!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

Thanks queen!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counters