Thursday, September 01, 2005

Illustration Friday: "Dreams"

Dreams can be strange little critters. Two weeks ago tonight I'd had a dream that I was driving into work and somehow flipped my car. Oddly enough, that following Sunday morning, while driving into work, that exact thing happened to me. I'd nodded off, jumped awake to find myself across the line and facing an oncoming vehicle. Almost out of instinct I swerved, started hydroplaning, and somewhere along the way flipped my car, hitting the roof on a tree. I fortunately managed to walk away from it with only a couple small bruises and some major soreness in the back, neck and shoulder areas (the main reason its taken me so long to compose a new post), but it kinda wierded me out that I'd dreampt almost exactly what happened only a couple days prior. Wacky wild stuff.

Anyway, getting on to the images... I thought I'd post one of the critters from my less premonitiony, but still odd, dreams that I've had. This was originally done as a gift for a friend of mine, but considering he'd came from another strange, though entirely non-premonitiony, dream I'd had, I thought he might fit for this weeks IF topic. I have alot of dreams about creatures such as he, and others doing various things, sometimes marching, sometimes deathmatches, sometimes just simply sitting there and morphing into several different manifestations, somehow similar to each other, but different. I find it fun to try to capture some of the images from these dreams, that is when I can remember them long enough to do so.


The other image is an older sketch of Humpetillio, a character I've been muddling around with for quite some time, but haven't quite settled on anything just yet. Either way, at least he's comfortable at this point :)



Dreams can be funny little creatures, be sure to nurture them well.

8 Comments:

Blogger PaintMonster said...

Hi hi!!
hehehe I am likely to become a missing child in your wonderful world.
beautiful strange world always cheezy!!

10:30 PM  
Blogger JacqueLynn said...

I just LOVE your style!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Fantastic art!!!!!!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

paintmonster heyhey! I'm so glad you can lose yourself in my stuff, I feel similarly about yours. Nice new blog by the way, I made sure to update my links :)

jacquelynn, ellen Thanks for the comments, glad you both like :)

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're okay. You're not getting out of making that book that easy.

great stuff as always.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Jon McNally said...

Yikes, Fulton, sounds like you could use more dreamy-dream time so you don't fall asleep at the wheel! Be safe, okay?

6:21 AM  
Blogger Drazen said...

great pieces and strange story. Glad nothing serious
happened.
Good thing some of these critters didn't start marching around the car after you flipped it over.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

emceeone leave it to you to remind me of that which I keep putting off :p Thanks for the concern

uloo yes, sleep has made its relevance much more known lately, as have a few other issues. All of this, plus a few other recent events have really made me stop and think about some things, and how thin I really should be wearing myself. Maybe I need an alarm clock to keep ringing or something inside the car while I'm driving?

drazen you don't know how glad I am that some of these critters didn't start marching around the car, I'm not quite sure what I would have done, particularly considering I didn't have a camera with me at the time...

Anyway guys, thanks heaps for the concern, its much appreciated

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counters