Thursday, September 08, 2005

Illustration Friday: "Roots"


There just can't be enough said about having a good set of roots. The best beverages come from high quality ones, certain ones are good for your eyes, they help hold you into the ground when someone wants you out of their garden, they're great for keeping oneself upright when children decide to swing on you or build a house in your branches, the list goes on and on. All too often they're covered with a little mud or dirt, but once you wash that stuff off, you've got a pretty decent jem. When I sat down to think of something for this weeks topic, all this stuff came to mind, and I had a hard time narrowing it down to one thing, so I didn't :) Needless to say, as a result, some things didn't wind up getting fully finished as I would have liked them to be. Ah well, I guess thats the way things go sometimes :)



I'd like to do more with the both of these, add full color to the first one and more detail to the second, but I guess for now they'll have to wait till I have a little more time. Below are a few other sketches I did while trying to be a little decisive on an idea this week.






There should be some prose to follow, stay tuned to find out for sure :)

(edit): Ok, so I lied, no prose. I'll try to pound some out of the ole noggin for next time ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Drazen said...

COOL!
I'm crazy about the second one.What a bird!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

I love your creatures. So imaginative and well drawn.

12:47 AM  
Blogger vfm4 said...

wortelmannetjes/rootmen, so cute! you can't but love them... :)

12:51 AM  
Blogger Jon McNally said...

As Drazen said, that bird is very crazy cool, Fulton. I also like the concept for the initial image. The text is charming, too, of course!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

Thanks guys, cavemen are always so fun to draw. Drazen, Uloo, glad you guys like the bird, he was quite fun to draw. I just hope I can get a little time here to finish him up proper sometime

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counters