Thursday, February 09, 2006

Illustration Friday: "Chair"


Wow, I can't remember the last time I participated in Illustration Friday, come to think of it, its almost equally as hard to remember the last time I posted on the ole blog (big thanks to those of you who still stopped by during the long hiatus, I'll be trying to make myself more frequent than I did last yr).

So anywho, I sat down in a chair earlier this week pondering and probing the ole noggin for something to contribute, I'd been meaning to since the turn of the year, but for some reason or another the bus came and went each of the prior weeks, I think all the chairs inside were taken or something like that for the busdriver kept giving me evil looks. I suppose I could have gotten on one of the schoolbusses, but I wasn't quite in the mood for that. Getting back on track though, there I was sitting in the chair, when all of a sudden, well more of a big crack, crash and thud sudden, I was sitting plump on my portly posterior on the very spot where once a fully formed chair stood. But the forsaken thing wasn't done yet, for as I started to grasp for the table, an earth shattering rip echoed throughout the room and I felt a rather unsatisfying draft, not to mention several splinters. Now what that has to do with the images above, I haven't really a clue, save for chairs come from trees, and trees are homes to bees, and bees have knees, and I itch from the fleas. Moral of the story: Don't tip in chairs unless they're for rocking, and next time, use wood glue instead of bubblegum.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

I really like this!

4:21 PM  
Blogger carla said...

This looks like an uncertain transaction! But - when in need of a chair, an elephant could work:> I like the expressions on both characters...lots of humor:>

10:39 PM  
Blogger Rayne said...

I love the picture and you've got to admit, you can't get splinters from an elephant. Squashed maybe, but no splinters.

12:56 AM  
Blogger juliemc said...

who knew chairs could be so hazardous? Elephants have got to be safer... nice illo.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

very fun and coool characters!! Clever creative idea too!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Fulton Beal said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. Elephants are definitely the safer choice, providing of course that you have the proper space for them, not to mention an ample supply of bananas. If you don't have the both of these, then I'd say stick with the classic ones :)

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counters